Sunday, February 19, 2017

2014 Hongkong Fangirling Trip

As everyone probably saw from my header description and first post, I am a fangirl. I started fangirling when I was in university. By August 2014, I was already a fan for six years and i haven't seen oppas even once. So, when JYJ announced 'Return of the King Asian tour', i knew i had to go and watch. When they released the dates, I chose Hongkong because i've been too Bangkok earlier this year and i want to go to a new place. Luckily, There was a seat sale so i got my round trip tickets for less than 100 usd.

Later that week, i had dinner with my friend and excitedly told her about my planned Hongkong trip and asked her to go with me. I used my puppy eyes and she agreed! We were off to Hongkong in a month! :)

DAY 1
Unlike my other trips were i usually ride the plane from Naia Terminal 3, our HK trip starts in Clark. They have a bus terminal somewhere in Trinoma where you can ride buses that will take you directly to Clark Airport. While waiting for the first trip of the bus, we stayed in Starbucks and Chowking.

with my friend, Sani
The bus ride was comfortable but i couldn't help to be anxious because I still haven't collected my ticket for the concert yet. The Clark Airport looked new and there were only a few people around. We had no problems and we reached Hongkong safely.


When we got to Hongkong airport, we purchased sim cards at 69 HKDeach with mobile data. My friend forgot her phone was locked so we weren't able to use her simcard. I had problems activating the mobile data of my sim card so i had to find the provider's kiosk. In a few taps, it was working. We purchased Octopus cards at 200HKD because it has deposit which you will get when you refund it at any kiosk. I pulled my friend to Asian Expo which was one train station away from the airport to collect my ticket first. My friend was feeling hungry but my anxiety is too high to feel hungry (sorry friend). 


my beloved ticket <3
After collecting my ticket, i finally felt hungry but the problem is we didnt know how to get to the city. We walked around Asian Expo and went out one exit that showed us it will take us to the buses but no luck we only found taxis. We walked around more until we found a bus that will take us to citygate outlets (Tungchung) where we can ride the MTR. We ate lunch in City Gate outlets. The serving was big and it cost around 300-400 in php.


We rode the MTR to Tsim Sha Tsui. From this MTR station, we walked to Chungking Mansions and checked in our hostel at Block A. Chungking Mansions is a building with a lot of mini hostels inside. It might look intimidating but from what i experienced, it is safe and cheap. The rooms are very small but functional.

We freshened up a bit and walked towards the Star Ferry. We took the ferry to Central station and went to the bus stop waiting for the bus to Victoria Peak. We took a double decker bus and sat on the second floor. It was a scary ride. The roads were narrow and the turns were sharp. You can see the cliff on certain points of the drive. Another option to go to Victoria Peak is the peak tram but its open only until 5pm. I suggest going around 6-7. The twinking lights of the City looks so beautiful at night.



We went in the Peak galleria and looked for the place where we can see the city. One side had so much fog but at the other side, we were able to see the city starting to light up. 

an old peak tram on display

a really pretty wall inside the peak galleria




To finish our first day in Hongkong, we went to Ladies market. the neon lights and noise were enjoyable. To get here, check discoverhongkong.com. They have detailed instructions on how to get to most places like what bus to ride or what station to get off to.



Day 2

I have many friends and workmates who visit Hongkong but they often don't go to this beautiful place. Whenever, they ask me for a suggestion, I always tell them to go to Nan Lian Garden and Chin Lin Nunnery. Its near Diamond Hill MTR. There are signs around that will show you the way as long as you are observant. 



From all of my trips, this is still my most favorite shot

Isn't it so pretty?

waiting for oppa




Mangosteen Juice from the small cafe inside the Garden

We were only expecting to spend around 1-2 hours in this place but it was so pretty, we actually spent almost 4 hours here. We left really late at almost 12. We dropped by the  hotel to leave some food we purchased in the garden and off we went to Hongkong Ocean Park. We purchased our tickets from the hostel. They had a cheaper ticket by 30 hkd or something. I can't remember.

To get to Ocean Park, we rode the Star Ferry again to Central Pier. Star ferry is probably my favorite mode of transportation in HK. We took bus 629 to Ocean park. We arrived at Ocean Park around 2 pm and there were a lot of Chinese people. My friend told me that it was a holiday in China that day. 

Tsim Sha Tsui Star Ferry Pier



Anyway, if you read my other post, you already probably know that i don't do scary rides. I dont remember riding any rides in Ocean Park except the very steep cable car. I still enjoyed though because there were a lot of animal attractions while my friend rode the scary rides.


For 10HKD i think, You can have this self pressed coin thingy.
 They have different varieties at each part of the oceanpark.




We went back to the hotel and met with a friend who is going to watch the concert with me :) We ate pizza which was yummy and large but cheap. I still ate there during my last trip to HK last year.

DAY 3
This was the day I've been waiting for. Sadly, we had problems with our chargers and i only had more than 1/3 of my battery when i  started the day. But i didn't care because I can finally see JYJ especially my forever bias Junsu <3

It was the best day ever! Junsu was so much more than i imagined. His voice was heavenly and he was so cute and sexy at the same time (idk how). Yoochun was so handsome. He looked so good and his low voice is so sexy! Jaejoong as expected took off his shirt. LOL. He was in a different level of beauty. When i told my friends about his looks, i used the words ethereal. 

I didn't cry like i expected. I got teary eyed at the end because i didn't want it to end but i was giddy when i went back to the hostel. At this time, my phone's battery was already drained and it was lucky i got to go in our room because i did not have a key. LOLs.
The goods line. We had to go out because the line extended to
the outside. When it was our turn the Junsu fan was sold out ToT

the long pink lightstick is for Junsu's solo fan project.
the JJ fan is for a friend.

If you signed up for this, they'll give you a JYJ ticketholder.

You cannot attend a KPOP concert without a lightstick.

red hair Junsu

Incredible

Yoochun - I love you

Jaejoong rocking it out


Nian's goodies



this was my clearest shot. why was my phone so LQ ToT

Here are some of my fancams. Only a few because my phone died already. I wasnt able to take a video of Jaejoong's performance because of it.
When I got back to the hostel, i was spazzing on my phone and with my friend who was asleep already when i got back. She woke up to open the door for me. My adrenaline was so high i slept really late ToT

Day 4
We woke up late on our last day. Our flight is at 7pm so we still had time to go around. My friend, Nana, who works in HK took us around with her cousin. They were so nice. I met Nana through Junsu. 



We left our luggage in Harbor City Pier first and waited for Nana. After we met,we walked to the Avenue of Stars. Its probably not the best idea to walk here during lunch time because it's very hot. 





Then, we went to Kowloon Park were a lot of people were spending their Sunday. Nana treated us to some Chee Cheong Fun and it was so yummy. We ate at a mall before going back to retrieve our bags. We were running  a little late and had to run around the airport. Good thing the flight was delayed! :p

In summary:
Day 1 - Asian Expo, City Gate Outlets, Victoria Peak, Ladies market
Day 2 - Nan Lian Garden, Ocean Park
Day 3 - Concert day
Day 4- Harbour City, Tsim Sha Tsui Tower Clock, Avenue of Stars, Kowloon Park


So this is how my first fangirling trip ended! If you have any questions, just comment down below :)













No comments:

Post a Comment