Thursday, March 8, 2018

Sotus and Sotus S filming Locations

Last August, I ran out of GMMTV drama series to watch so I decided to finally watch Sotus. To be honest, the lighting in the first season made me hesitant to watch it but I finished all the English subbed series in the youtube channel and I was bored.

I LOVED IT! I loved every bit of it (except the lighting)! I had so much feels from watching the series that i had push most of my constant fandom friends to watch it and even used one of my old twitter accounts to a Sotus-focused one.

Around early October, Cebu Pacific had a seat sale and I booked tickets to Bangkok because 1) Its my favorite country, 2) I was so into Sotus and 3) I couldnt purchase the Krist-Singto and Off-Gun line stickers and if i go to Thailand, I'll have a thai number and i would be able to purchase it.

In preparation for my trip, I asked a lot of people about the places in the drama and got some information like the name of the school, P' Arthit's apartment and the mall where they had a date LOL. I rewatched  Sotus and Sotus S and took screenshots (all credited to GMMTV) of the places i plan to visit.

A few days before my trip, I booked The Bedroom Ladprao 101 (I know so late). This is the hotel where P' Arthit's room is in Sotus S the series. His room number is B507 and I requested the management to give me that room if it was available. Luckily, it was available. Can you believe it? I actually stayed in P' Arthit's room. Based on the headboard in Kong's room, I think his room was actually B508 but I am not sure :D I'll check when I go back this October.

Here is the link for:
Agoda: The Bedroom Ladprao 101 Agoda
Facebook: The Bedroom FB
(Before you book, maybe you can ask them via FB if the room is available like what I did. All requests are subject to availability)

We were so excited and did a live on our FB page.

Link to the video -> P' Arthit's room in Sotus S.

Here are some pictures of the room:



They changed the wallpaper into something girly already.


I kicked this door for Kongpob. 



I couldn't resist but to joke about this. 55555








If you want to spend most of your time in downtown Bangkok, I do not suggest you spend all your days here. It is a bit far from MRT and BTS. I used Uber to get around. The nearest MRT station is Ratchadapisek or Lat Prao. 

My next destination was The Scene Community mall around Bang Kapi. It's 15 minutes away from The Bedroom by Uber. This is where Kong bought the bear for his niece, P' Arthit got a haircut, watched a movie etc. Supposedly, the noodle house would be here but i guess it closed down already. Even the sushi place during the start of Sotus S had a different restaurant in its place.

Here are some of the pictures from the scene:





Where they met.

Where Kong bought the bear for his niece. This is Daiso BTW


IDK if they really had a movie house before because when i went there, there was none.

There were many customers in the salon so i got shy and didn't go inside to take a picture. 
Waiting for Kong during episode 1 of Sotus s


Touchy Kong 55555

The strict BF and head hazer 55555

There are lots of Shabushii around Bangkok so I asked the production team on FB where they filmed Sotus S. I was surprised that they responded and told me it was at Tesco Lotus Bangkapi branch. 


The next day, I went to Rangsit University. My friend, Pream, helped me with the instructions from Rangsit University's website.

Just click the EN for english for directions to RSU :) https://www2.rsu.ac.th/info/rsu-directions

We rode a bus and a kind Auntie who was getting off at the same stop brought us to the motorcycle stand and told the drivers to bring us to Rangsit University. I was so giddy seeing the places in the school especially the ones from special scenes :)

Here are some pictures:





The class deciding who will be class prez

The first meeting between Kong and P'Arthit

Kong's locker

We seriously went everywhere in the building only to find it at the last place we went to 5555



The juniors and friends waiting for P' Arthit to finish running
Run P' Arthit Run

I always thought they were in the middle of the stands LOL It was the side after all


I found this place because there were two students doing their photoshoot near this place.


We were surprised that this place was open. However, the lights were closed so the shot was grainy ToT 

This was the first place we found after the building. I was spazzing like crazy~

For those who like 0058 story line, this place is familiar:)


That scene when Kong couldn't study because P' Arthit is so distracting


Kong talking to P' Arthit who was outside Shabushii

What is there to worry about? we are in a relationship~



After spending 4 hours around this area, we really couldn't find the canteen where P' Arthit always buys pink milk and gave Kongpob his gear. If any of you knows where it is, please tell me so I can go there 55555

I went to Rama VIII Park after Rangsit University. I missed the last ferry so i had to ride Uber. My driver made a mistake and i actually crossed the bridge twice. I was a little worried that it might be dangerous since it was already around 8pm and i was alone but there were lots of people exercising in the park. I walked around and found the places from both seasons as well as the teaser in episode 13 5555






The scenes were mostly filmed inside the second half of the park. I was having a difficult time taking pics because there was always something wrong in the picture then i figured the scenes were taken on the other side of the park.

I climbed the Rama VIII bridge. At first, i thought that the scenes were at the right side so i went down the left side and transferred only to realize it was filmed on the left LOL



Last stop on my list was P' Bright's bar. I seriously had a difficult time finding out the name because no one knew the name of the bar. While rewatching season 2, there was a part where M and May were flirting and the name was visible. The name of the bar is Sanook Nuek Pub and Restaurant at Bangkapi area (surprise surprise). It's a 15 minute drive from The Bedroom Ladprao 101. You can find it on Uber :D

I got to the bar at 10PM on a Sunday night and I was the only customer LOL. I couldn't order because the menu was in Thai and there were no pictures. Luckily, my friend, Mim, was almost home and she ordered for me. The place looked different already than the series but you will still find some of the things in the same place as the series.

giving the Ai' Oon pen

the ref, the live in Bangkok and do you spot the wooden doll~

I feel happy that I was able to go to these places. I still have a bunch of filming locations I want to go to but didnt have enough info. I hope i can go there in the future :)

I would like to thank Bittersweet for writing sotus and sotus s <3
Also, GMMTV for making this drama and credits to the pics and screenshots i used from them. 
Furthermore, Krist_est, Mim, Pream, Toto and Bear Productions for all the info they gave me which made it possible for me to visit this places.

Thanks for reading! <3


Link to Part 2 of this post: https://wishywashyyeoja.blogspot.com/2018/10/




95 comments:

  1. wow, you are so detailed. thank you for this posting, you made me want to go there too so badly, someday 555

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you can visit the places someday ~^^

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. Wow. This is so freaking awesome.
    Thank you for sharing your adventure.
    This makes me want to watch Sotus S right now as in right this very moment...
    To bad it was late of me to watch Sotus that i didnt get the chance to attend their fm here in the Philippines.
    Hope I can join you in your bext adventure when u visit Thailand again. Bring me with you pretty please...
    Again, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. You're welcome! Hope you can visit the places :)

      Delete
  4. Waaaaa I wanna go there too T.T thanks for sharing~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Hope you can visit the places :)

      Delete
  5. such an inspiration. I am really jealous right now, Will plan to bisit these places one day

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. I hope that when I get back to Thailand I get to see all these places, too. Thanks for this. I'll probably use this as a guide on my next visit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello dear ~~, i will visit BKK and some of these place this May. Can i ask something?

    Can we go to RSU normally? as a guest? or you need friend who is Rangsit's Student to get you there?

    Looking forward to sseeing your reply

    Thanks & Best Rgards/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Are you going during Sotus the Memories? :D

      I'm not quite sure about RSU. When we went there, we just went straight the entrance and didn't really talk to the guards. Like we actually go to the school LOL They have many entrances so if one doesnt work, you can try the others :D

      hope you enjoy BKK!

      Delete
  8. Hello do you know the dorm that p'arthit and kongpob stay during the first season of sotus?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello! i'm sorry for replying late. Unfortunately, that is one of the places i have no idea where is. I tried asking some people but language barriers is a problem. if i do find it, i will post about it. ^^

      Delete
  9. Hi! How many days did you use to explore these places? Me and my friends were planning to relive the scenes in Sotus this November. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for replying late. I actually used two days :D

      during my second day in Bangkok, I checked in The Bedroom then headed to The Scene which is quite near. Then, KimCopBas were having a mall show in The Mall Bangkapi which was coincidentally across Tesco Lotus Bangkapi where Sabushi was.

      On my third day, I went to Rangsit university in the morning then rama VIII park and bridge, then just rode grab to P' Bright's bar. His bar is very near The Bedroom Ladprao like 12-15 minutes away by car :D

      Delete
  10. Hey, I know this is very random but do u know where they go for the beach scenes? for Sotus & Sotus S? Please let me know if u know where it is TT I've searching them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I have no idea where it is. Its very difficult to get info on those because i Don't speak thai :(

      Delete
    2. Hey, the beach scene in Season 1 is at Manathai Resort Rayong :) it's where they stayed.

      Delete
  11. Last April, my friends & I went to BKK with the hopes of retracing your SOTUS locations journey but sadly we only got to see the Rama VII bridge & the adjacent park. Be that as it may, I personally felt so connected to these two locations that played pivotal roles in the KongArthit story. This August, I am heading back to Bangkok and this time I will try to cover the other locations from the series and will probably pitch tent at the lobby of GMMTV Tower to catch a glimpse of any of the hazers that frequent the place most noticeably, Newwie & Off! 55555 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you were able to go to the other places. IDK why i didn't get notifications for the comments. Do tell me about your experiences during your August trip ^^

      Delete
  12. Good day! What is the room type of Krist's room specifically? is it premium?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply. I didn't get notifications for new comments. Its Deluxe Double Room ^^

      Delete
  13. I really want to go to that RAMA VIII bridge park

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was wondering where the beavh scene was taken. Any idea?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, the beach in sotus is in Rayong

      Delete
    2. Yes, the first beach they went to. Found the exact spot in google maps. Its right in front of Krua Chayta restaurant beside Manathai Resort Rayong. :)

      Delete
    3. and they stayed at Manathai Resort Rayong :)

      Delete
    4. and they stayed at Manathai Resort Rayong :)

      Delete
  15. Thank u sooooo much ..if i will go to thailand it will be a big help... 😊😊😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! I figured since i am already going to those places might as well do a blogpost about it to help other fans.

      Next month i'll be back in bangkok and will do part two of my sotus tour hehehe

      Delete
  16. This blog is such a big help! I'll be traveling alone, so I'll just probably go to Arthit's dorm and GMM building. Anyone going to Bangkok on Oct 22-28?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're dtaying in P'Arthit's dorm, the scene is like 15 minutes away by grab or taxi. Too bad that i will be there on oct 16-22 and nov 2-6. We couldve gone together ToT

      Delete
  17. woah! I am just so jealous! you are so lucky! I hope I can visit those places someday! Thanks for sharing your moments :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading too ^^ You can check my other posts as I have found some of the other places in the drama and also did SK teamgirl tour ^^ I uploaded the post in my blog already ^^ Hope you can visit the places too ^^

      Delete
  18. Woooowwwww.... See this make me want to fly to Thailand and go to all the location ... Thanks for sharing this . This really awesome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading ^^ You can check my other posts as I have found some of the other places in the drama and also did SK teamgirl tour ^^ I uploaded the post in my blog already ^^ Hope you can go to Thailand soon ^^

      Delete
  19. Can I ask you where u come from and how many days u spend in Thailand to search all this location and how much money u spend ? Because I want to keep money and go hunting for all this location ... Please ... Let me know ,����������

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am from the Philippines ^^ I did this first tour last March. I think 2-3 days is enough for this one then add another 1 day for the other ones in the part two of my blog. Money wise I am not really sure. It would depend if you use public transpo and how much you spend on food. I think for going around (excluding hotel reservations and flight tickets) you can go to all the places in under 5000 baht. I am not 100% on this tho. Hope you can go to all the places.

    You can check my other posts as I have found some of the other places in the drama and also did SK teamgirl tour ^^ I uploaded the post in my blog already ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Selamat ate. Thanks for replying my comments, I stay in Macau and I have some Philippines friends too . I planning to go there on February.

      Delete
  21. Any chance you have the filming locations of Together With Me the series?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. Sorry for the late reply. I only did Singto and Krist related locations ^^

      Delete
  22. Literally....so awesome.... I also want to go there so badly...❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you can go there someday! ^^

      Delete
  23. We just went to Bangkok last Nov. 30 to Dec. 3. Haha. I was supposed to sneaked out at during our first night to go to Rama VIII bridge. However on that night we went to River Cruise dinner in Chao Phraya. It was no longer on my mind. Meanwhile while cruising the river, I shout momentarily in shocked. Oh my the bridge I wanna see. We went past the bridge. I was so happy that time. Though just on the sideline and not be able to climb or crossed the bridge, to see the beautiful bridge where my favorite sotus was shot. That was memorable.

    Looking forward to go back to Bangkok. I will keep in mind your detailed description of the places. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice. I went to Bangkok in July 2018 for a reunion hosted by a Thai friend. We were on a river cruise dinner too and when I saw the bridge from afar, I guess I had the same feeling as you. ha ha. I took pictures and also a short video of the bridge. ha ha.

      Delete
  24. The pink milk, hahaha... Though not totally the same. I was able to fine one at Neon n
    Night Park. That made my night. My companions are laughing to me because I told them the pink milk was one of my bucket list in Thailand

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you got to see the bridge ^^ If you didnt notice you also passed the park if you passed the bridge :) i got another post about the locations where you can go to the pink milk place they uswd in the series.

      Hope you can go back to Bangkok soon ^^

      Delete
  25. amei conhecer pelas fotografias os locais onde rodaram cena de Sotus... Sou fã = I loved to know about the photos where they shot Sotus scene ... I'm a fan

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow you're so lucky to visit those places I hope I can also go there soon I'll use your blog for the reference of the places. This blog is really informative, salute to you!

    Love from Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi!I'm planning to go to Rangsit University this week.What bus did you took to the University and from where? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello, Candy.May I know the mall name where Kong and Arthit firat date? Is the Scene or the Mall Bangkapi? And please let me know the salon name where P'Arthit got hair cut? We will make sotus tour in July and we really appreciate your kind sharing.Looking forward your reply.Thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! actually my name is Krissy ^^ First date is The Scene :D idk the name of the salon but there is only one salon on the second floor so you will know that is the one :D Hope you have a good time on July! :D

      Delete
  29. Hi krissy. I just got hooked with Sotus when it came up in netflix. Being the obsessive that i am, i thought of shooting locations also. Your post came up and it must be a filipino thing but it was another filipino who made an extensive shooting location blog about the movie love of siam. Come to think of it another filipino did the same thing for the original meteor garden last year. Too bad the post is no longer active but i was amazed at the dedication it took to compile them and visit them. Congrays and oll try to swing by these places when i go to bkk.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! hope you find your way there and don't get lost :D

      Delete
  30. Hello! I’ll be in Thailand this October and I plan to go to these filming locations of SOTUS. I have a lot of questions regarding this. Hahahahaha. Can you add me on facebook so I can message you directly? Here’s the link: www.facebook.com/ipeterpandecoco THANK YOU!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. The scene in rama viii park was so beautiful as I really want to go there. Anyway, that is so awesome you made it. Really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Is rangsit univ is open for public??

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi girl! If you dont mind I'd like to ask some further informations with regards to rhis post. Please I ant to Dmd you but I dont know where. Do you have fb account so I can reach you there :)) thankyou so much. Im hoping that would be fine on you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry late reply. You can just dm me on twitter. @krissseeeeey

      Delete
  34. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Awee thank for sharing this. Even though I still don't have the chance to go there based on my status, thank you for bringing us there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. you're welcome! some day you can go to those places too! :D

      Delete
  36. Hello me and my friend planning to go to rangsit University I would like to know if they're allowing outsider to go inside in the university

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes as far as i know. when i went there, i just went inside the university without stopping LOL (pretended like i studied there)

      Delete
  37. I hope i could go there as well. Planning it by next year and hoping to drop by the places where Sotus were actually filmed. And this blogged helps a lot. Thank you so much. Hope I can ask for your help real soon. Khob khun. ☺️☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good luck! hope you can go to all the places! i have a 2nd part of this blog and other SK related places :D

      Delete
  38. I really wanted to go to the filming locations of one of the Legendary BL series of Thailand. This blog helped a lot. But may I ask if we'll be allowed to get in to the Rangsit Uni? Thanks for your kind answer^^

    ReplyDelete
  39. Sa-wat-dee khrap!!! Khap-Khun Khrap! I wanna know, if ever I go there... base on your experience... how many days have you spent to visit all these locations?? And how's he budget that we need? Thank you for answering!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmmm estimating, you'd need at least 3-4 days. if it's just for the places in this blog alone, 2-3 days would suffice but if you include the other sotus part 2 blog i made it would need at least 4 days and this is considering that you will explore non-stop for those 4 whole days. Budget-wise would always be dependent if you are alone or with others. i spent a lot because i mostly went to places alone. these places are not accessible by train. mostly i used uber( when it was still available) and during my recent trips grab. good luck!

      Delete
  40. Hi Ms. Candy, can you share to me your Itinerary of Travel where you have been in Thailand? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I don't usually write my itineraries. I just write down places and try to find out if i can reach it by train or ferry if not grab. so all the places i went to are here in my blog ^^

      Delete
  41. Hi Candy, I'm planning to go to Thailand next yr. I have a question. Where can I contact you like any social media? If that's okay. Thank you so much for this 💛

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi! you can contact me on twitter @krissseeeeey

      Delete
  42. I am literally crying out gay tears. This must feel so special. One day I would earn some good money just to visit these places. <3

    ReplyDelete
  43. hello,i really like your post. May i share your pic and also your experience to other platform bcs got somebody really want have a trip to bangkok but they don't know where should they go.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hello! can I use your pics of Rama VIII bridge for my artwork?

    ReplyDelete
  45. This is an incredible rousing article.I am essentially satisfied with your great work.You put truly exceptionally accommodating data. Keep it up. Continue blogging. Visit site

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hi Ms. candy can I ask how much did you spent when you were in BKK ? I'm also a peraya fan from PH

    ReplyDelete
  47. My God! I'm in love with this blog! I have watched this series for over more than 10 times now and i am in love with it again and again. It's a masterpiece they must shoot something like that again. My eyes welled up while reading this blog, as i have relived it. Thank you thank you so much... You can never know what a wonderful thing you did... <3 It's close to my heart and always will be. Sorry to bother but if you there again please do not forget to add their "our sky" episode places too. It was a treat for Sotus Lovers. I'm from Pakistan, and i love the "LOVE" portrayed in this series also by those two special Love birds. and yeah i remember P'tew's short love story..... Loved it !!! <3

    ReplyDelete