Monday, October 22, 2018

Sotus and Sotus S Filming Locations part 2

Last March, I was able to go to some of the Sotus and Sotus S shooting locations. There were a few places though that i wanted to go to but did not have enough information. Luckily, i found one of the thai fans who was there from the start and she was kind enough to give me information on the places that i missed.

NEW FINDS:

Central Mansions 

The first one is Central Mansions. This is the dorm of P'Arthit and Kongpob during season 1. Their rooms were in the 6th floor. Central Mansions is an apartment complex located in Ladprao 122. I had contacted this property via Agoda but they were unresponsive so i searched for them on Facebook. I was able to talk to someone and asked if i could stay in Kongpob's room. Unfortunately, since this is an apartment complex, someone is renting the room. The rooms they offer for daily rental are located from 1st to 3rd floor only. So i asked to get a room on Kongpob's side of the dorm but unfortunately its not available. I got a room on the third floor on P' Arthit's side of the building. Kongpob and Arthit's rooms are the deluxe apartment type.

The receptionist was really nice and accommodating. I had to deposit 600 baht which i got back when i checked out. The security in the complex was no joke. They had electronic key cards which is needed to be able to access the elevator to the rooms. The room smelled good and looked exactly the same as in the drama. The bed was really comfortable and i almost did not want to leave the room. There were only two sad things about this stay. One, was i did not get a room that has a balcony facing the other side of the building. My room was at the back :( And two, the cable connection was pretty bad when it rains. Like The Bedroom Ladprao 101 from season 2, this place is not accessible by BTS or MRT. I used Grab to go here.

If you don't mind taking Grab around Bangkok, i think its nice to stay here. The room is quite expensive though compared to the bedroom.

Google Map link: Central Mansions

Here are some pictures of my room (flipped because i was on a different side):




i forgot to bring my pictures when i went upstairs so
i didn't know what way  i should've faced. As you
can see, I was facing the wrong side LOL I was too lazy to go up again.








Nom Yen Place

Last March, I wasted time and taxi fare to reach this restaurant. We thought it was around Rangsit university. Anyway, this place is a good 10 minute walk from Central Mansion. This restaurant is where P'Arthit made Kongpob eat that spicy dish, Kongpob found out Arthit's love of NomYen and where Arthit gave his gear to Kongpob during Season 1. I know it's weird but i really had to try the Nomyen in this place LOL.

Google Map link: pink milk restaurant

I walked to this restaurant and saw a lot of food stalls which is good if you are staying in Central mansions. Keep you eyes open because even before you reach the end of the map, you will reach the restaurant. I went on a Saturday so it was basically empty which made taking pictures quite awkward. I bought the Nom Yen and noticed that the place was facing out the street. In the drama, Kong and Arthit usually bought their drinks inside.

Anyway, here are some pictures:










There was a part in Sotus the Series when Kong and Arthit met Praepaelin in the mall and Arthit became so jealous. When they were going home, they were walking in a street that is near this place and Arthit almost got hit.





Chan BBQ and Seafood

The next one is Chan BBQ and Seafood restaurant. During Sotus the Series episode 7, Kongpob joined his 0062 and 6002 senior co-codes for dinner. In this episode, he learned about P'Arthit's nickname and P'Arthit learned that Kongpob didn't want to take engineering which made him pissed LOL.

This restaurant is 20 minute walk from Central Mansions. I asked some fans who were also in Bangkok to eat here so we went on a Sunday. From downtown, we took a grab to this place. It's an eat all you can place for 269 baht. However, they serve prawns per tray and if you eat it you will have to pay 89 baht. They also serve this frozen cold towels for 10 baht each. We weren't able to use those towels but we still had to pay for it. There was a wide selection of food in this place and i think 269 baht for eat all you can is actually a good deal. IDK if they always have musicians playing live in that place but we went on a Sunday night so yeah. This restaurant opens usually at 4pm to midnight.

Google Map link: Chan BBQ and Seafood When we used grab, we input Chankasaem BBQ and Seafood. Make sure you are choosing the one in Latphrao on route 336 i think.

Here are some pictures of this place:












Evaime

This one was an accidental find. While rewatching Sotus S, i noticed Tea something-ry picture outside the Japanese resto they were eating at. I instantly remembered TeaStory which i saw in The scene community mall. So i tried looking for pictures of The Scene community mall on IG and saw this Japanese restaurant.

This is in Sotus S episode when Arthit was eating with the Procurement department and they accidentally met the Production guys with Kongpob. He got angry at Kong who kept putting stuff on his plate.

Here are some pictures:






GOING BACK TO OLD PLACES

I went back to The Bedroom Ladprao 101 because i was supposed to go with friends who wanted to stay there so when i saw it had a cheap price i booked the hotel. In the end, i couldn't cancel my booking and decided to just stay there. LOL. Last time, I did not go up the rooftop so i did it this time.

here are some pictures:


i was supposed to go up to the top but I
didn't want to get injured so i just opted to stay where i was LOL


BEACH SCENES

I wanted to go to season 1 and season 2 beach locations but there were a bunch of events i didn't want to miss. Maybe i will go on February. Season 1 beach as Ashford said can be found in Rayong and Season 2 beach and mangrove place can be found in Chanthaburi ^^ If i can go on February to those places, I will make another post. Rayong is 2-3 hours away from Bangkok while Chanthaburi is 4-5 hours away.

Hopefully, i can go to the beach locations next year ^^

I would like to give my thanks to Khun June who helped me find the first 3 places. Without her, I definitely won't be able to find those season 1 places. Thanks to Jacqcullen and Isabelle for coming with me to Chan BBQ and Seafood ^^

Please check out my post about Krist and Singto's team girl episodes by this week. I visited the places they suggested in Team Girl episode 27 and 28. ~

Link to Sotus and Sotus S Filming Locations Part 1: https://wishywashyyeoja.blogspot.com/2018/03/sotus-s-filming-locations.html




21 comments:

  1. hi, thaks again for this info. I was able to go to these locations when I went to blk. Too bad I didn't have enough time to go to rangsit. maybe next year. Thanks again. -ashford

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem ^^ glad you were able to go to the places ^^

      Delete
  2. Hi I would like ask if you know some shops in bkk that sells sotus merchandise or other bl series merch :)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can go to GMM Grammy building. Leav your passport at the lobby and hey will give you visitors pass to go to the 30th floor where GMMTV office is. You can buy stuff there.

      At the lobby downstairs too, there are some BL stuff in front of starbucks.

      Delete
  3. Is GMM grammy bldg is the same bldg as GMM Live House in Ratchaprasong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry really late reply. nope its different. GMM GRammy building is near Asoke. while GMM live house is in central world mall. Just search it in google maps ^^

      Delete
    2. Thank you Candy1215 for the info. I also think it is the same building but now I know. I am looking forward to visit it on my next travel.

      Delete
  4. Hope you can go to the beach locations so you can share it with us. Good job for all those pictures!

    Love from Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for these information. What I’m curious about is where Ocean Electric is located; where Arthit worked and Kongpob had his internship. Thank you in advance! ♥️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome ^^

      Ocean electtic is some kind of multi media bldg used for drama/movies. It is private tho and i was busy durin my last trips so i didnt get to go there. It is behind bangkok sculpture center

      Delete
    2. The Building is called "The Eyes". its in the CMO Compound where the Bangkok Sculpture Center is located.

      https://cmo-group.com/creative-space-theeyes.html

      Delete
  6. Hi, could you please tell me the name of the drink/bottle of drink they have in the series. It looks like it has different flavours as they come in different coulours. I have just discovered Sotus 😅❤ and I love it!! I have hust watched the entire series twice in a week. Ease could you help? I am from England UK and we don't have those drinks here but I teally want to know what it is. Thanks soooo much

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sorry for the late reply! The drink is called Nom Yen/ Pink Milk :D it is made out of sala syrup :D there are other drinks being sold on the stand but i am not really that familiar with it except for 1. Pink Milk/Nom Yen 2. Thai Iced Tea 3. Green Tea and 4. Iced Coffee :D

      Delete
  7. Hi can you share more tips for going to Rangsit? Outsiders are pretty much welcome right? Any dress code? What is the best time? Will someone ask you for like Rangsit Student identification Im a bit worried bv im just traveling solo going there. Also is it okay to book grab bike? Or it has to be grab car? Also aside from GMMTV would you know where to buy any Kazz Magazine or any bl stuffs or merch?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only used this guide for Rangsit that was given by my thai friend. https://www2.rsu.ac.th/info/rsu-directions

      If your alone, bus is definitely cheaper. U can use grab or taxi to go here as some of my friends did that but it will be more expensive than taking a bus. Idk if you can grab bike because its too far from city center and will go to the highways. No dress code i think coz when i went there i was wearing shorts lol. Best time, i dont know. I went there around 10-3 pm.

      For BL books, u can find them in kinokuniya. For magazines, it would be hard as they are mostly sold out. You can try bookstores but i rarely find BL magazines there

      Best regards, Krissy

      Delete
  8. This is such a comprehensive blog! Loved the details and captions, dama ko rin yung excitement habang binabasa ko T__T Was supposed to go to Thailand this May pero cinancel ko na because of the Pandemic T____T I followed your IG account and mas lalo akong nainspire na mag visit T___T you met a lot of them na T___T Sama ako next punta please ;( :') hahahahaha none of my friends are into BL series or anything abt Thailand in general :( would love to have friends to go with me sa ThailandT^T

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hope you will be able to go there soon! hindi ko pa sure when I will go to Bangkok again. hopefully soon! Do check out the other blog entries for more info on other places :D

      - Krissy

      Delete
  9. Hi, I wanna know where is the location of Bookstore where Arthit buys book with Kongpob. Thankyou

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hello! do check my other blog entry about sotus filming places it is there with more info :D you can find this in the scene mall :D coz this is the 2nd entry :D

      Delete
  10. Hi there, I'd like to thank you for your blog and I have visited most of the places listed. Unfortunately a lot of the places have closed down. I went to the nom Yen Place and only the drink store was open. The owner even asked if I came because of the series haha.

    I was lucky enough to be given Arthit's room on the day of visit! Initially they said it was occupied but they will arrange a room on either side. But when I got there, I got a pleasant shock wen the key was for the 6th floor! But one thing though, the room was infested with roaches and I killed about a dozen, and one huge one appeared in the shower.

    Nevertheless, it was still worth the experience. Thank you once again

    ReplyDelete